Inspiring Women in the Arts is designed to inspire young women about the world of the creative industries, to raise confidence and aspirations, and to enable them to make more informed choices about their careers.
Helping young people understand the amazing breadth of careers and possibilities that are within their reach and what they are actually like, is critical to tackling misperceptions.
One of the best ways of doing this is to ensure that young people are able to meet successful professionals from the sector.
‘Inspiring Women in the Arts’ showcases leading female artists and arts professionals in China and the UK, bringing them into closer contact with aspirant young professionals.
Through professional development programmes, the programme seeks to highlight the importance of professional networking, mentorships, collaboration and support.
Inspiring Women in the Arts is a year-long campaign that will:
- Offer a unique showcase for UK and Chinese female arts leaders and practitioners
- Inspire and support the development of female creative talent in the arts
- Build new bilateral opportunities and partnerships in the creative industries
- Reach new audiences: with 500m people online, and face to face engagement with an audience of 100,000
- Create a lasting legacy in the arts, in terms of the UK-China relationship