The Study UK Alumni Awards recognise and honour the outstanding achievements made by international alumni of a UK higher education. Award recipients are leaders in their respective fields, be it as entrepreneurs, professionals or social change makers. All of them will have used their UK education to bring positive change to their communities, industries and countries.
The British Council is pleased to announce that applications for the 2018-19 Study UK Alumni Awards are now open. There will be no national ceremony taking place in China this year. All applications received from China will automatically be considered for our global awards.
- Professional Achievement Award – recognising UK alumni who have distinguished themselves through exemplary leadership and achievements in their professional industry, and how can demonstrate the impact and scale of their achievements in their profession, and beyond.
- Entrepreneurial Award – recognising UK alumni who are active in initiating or contributing to innovative or creative new ideas, solutions or business opportunities that have the potential for strong growth.
- Social Impact Award – recognising UK alumni who have made an exceptional contribution and commitment to creating positive social change and improving the lives of others.
|4 September 2018||Applications open|
|28 October 2018||Deadline for all nominations|
|11 November 2018||Applications close|
|November & December 2018||Shortlisting of applications|
|January 2019||Announcement of finalists|
|April 2019||Global Alumni Awards winners announced|
- The Study UK Alumni Awards are open to alumni living outside of the UK only
- All applicants, except award winners, from the Alumni Awards in previous years may re-apply if they meet this year’s eligibility criteria.
Alumni must have studied:
- within the last 15 years (i.e. 2003 or later)
- enrolled at an officially recognised or listed UK higher education institution
- at degree level or above
- either at a UK university in the UK, for a minimum of one term or semester, OR awarded a full UK degree level qualification (or higher), by a recognised or listed UK HEI, outside the UK.
All eligible applications will be assessed on the extent to which they meet the following five criteria:
- Impact: evidence of tangible impact, and scale of impact, of your work (inspired by your UK education) in your profession/community/society.
- UK Influence: evidence of how your UK education has played a key influence in your success and impact.
- Media traction: Extent to which your success story is likely to resonate with local/regional/national media in your country of entry, or beyond (global media).
- Potential to influence and inspire: Extent to which (including capacity and willingness) you and your story are likely to influence and inspire the next generation of prospective internationally mobile students in your country of entry to choose the UK as their study destination.
- Quality of application