Our Exams Distribution Services Team is recruiting freelance, hourly paid invigilator to administer weekday exams.
To work as an invigilator, you are expected to have the following experience, qualifications and competencies:
- Chinese 2nd Generation ID Card holder
- Bachelor Degree or above (Desirable)
- Speak and read English fluently (minimum: IELTS Band 5.5; CET-6 Score 425; TEM-4 Score 60 or equivalent)
- Strong sense of security and responsibility
- Good attention to details
- Good customer care
- Good communication, planning and organisational skills
- Good team work and being active in supporting others
- Familiar with computer operating system
- Ability and confidence to speak in front of a group of people
- May involve working with children under 18
- Desired working date: weekday in March, June, September and December each year, usually arranged for up to 5 working days during the 1st full completion week of the month.
- Working hour:
Computer-based Exams: 7:50-12:20 and/or 12:20-16:50 and/or 16:50-21:20
**Note: Working hours may be slightly changed as per changes of exam time.
- Training session: minimum 2 hours to be arranged one or two weeks prior to the exam date
- Hourly rate and Allowance: maximum RMB 100 before IIT (Individual Income Tax) and the calculation of time length is based on test day working hour; Flat-rate transportation fee for training and invigilation is provided.
- Test day work invitation: Once you are selected into our invigilator pool, you may receive our invitation before each session
Desired Location: Beijing, Wuhan, Tianjin, Qingdao, Dalian, Jinan, Changchun, Zhengzhou, Xi'an, Shenyang, Harbin, Baoding, Yantai, Tai’an, Lanzhou, Hohhot, Qinhuangdao, Zhenjiang, Nanjing, Ningbo, Hangzhou, Jinhua, Changzhou, Shanghai, Wuxi, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Changsha, Zhuhai, Xiamen, Haikou, Nanchang, Nanning, Fuzhou, Mianyang, Kunming
*For more information about the responsibilities and requirements of Non-IELTS invigilator, please refer to the Role Profile.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; however we thank all applicants for your interest.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and diversity, and child protection. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria.
If you are interested in becoming an invigilator, please fill in the application form according to your base city before the deadline. Please kindly note this is the procedure ONLY for new invigilators. For existing invigilators, we will send invitations soon.
*Please fill in the application in English.