This scholarship scheme is part of the “GREAT Scholarships 2019 - East Asia” campaign, which has been launched by the British Council together with 24 UK universities to support more students in East Asia to get access to excellent UK higher education opportunities.
With 55 postgraduate scholarships on offer, the total value of China scholarship scheme is over £600,000. The single value of each scholarship is min £10,000. This scholarship scheme will offer an exciting opportunity for Chinese students wishing to get financial support to pursue postgraduate level study in the UK. Students can apply for courses in a range of subjects including engineering, law, business, art and design, biosciences, IT and more, at the 24 participating institutions across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Each individual scholarship is worth min £10,000
- Covering both postgraduate taught and postgraduate research
- 24 UK higher education institutions are offering more than 55 GREAT scholarships (to Chinese students)
- A wide range of subject areas to choose from engineering, law, business, arts and design, IT and more.
The application deadline for GREAT Scholarships 2019 - China varies according to each institution. You can click the links (or university scholarship pages) below for more information on the deadline for each scholarship.
Steps for applicants:
Step I: Check your eligibility
- Are you a Chinese passport holder?
- Do you plan to pursue postgraduate (either taught or research) study in the UK?
- Is the course that you have applied for or are applying for starting in autumn 2019?
Step II: Browse the listed universities/scholarships and click on the links to access detailed information relating to each institution/ scholarship
Step III: Apply for individual scholarships following the instructions given on that specific university’s webpage.
Step IV: Winning scholars will be informed by individual universities on the results of their applications
Step V: The scholarship funding will be issued to winning scholars by individual universities after registration