The British Council is looking for qualified and experienced teacher trainers and presenters to deliver high-quality, engaging workshops and presentations to key partners, clients and teachers. This is a freelance position that may include travel within country; delivery typically ranges from 2-hour presentations to longer workshops stretching across one or more days. This represents an excellent opportunity to develop professionally in the area of language assessment. Training and mentoring will be provided.
Professional requirements include:
- Recognised teaching certificate (e.g. CELTA); DELTA, MA in a relevant field, or equivalent preferred
- Highly proficient English language skills, both written and spoken
- At least 6 years’ teaching experience and 3 years’ teacher training experience
- At least 3 years’ experience assessing spoken and written performance within a formal exam context, in particular internationally recognised high-stakes tests
- Excellent communication, presentation and audience-engagement skills
- Strong technological skills and a high-level of computer literacy
- A strong understanding of the local education system and learning culture in the country where you live
In addition, you:
- Enjoy working and interacting with people
- Thrive on providing meaningful feedback and helping people to learn and understand
- Have a strong interest in language assessment
- Are results-orientated and find it important to generate positive feedback from clients and stakeholders
- Have a positive attitude and are able to work independently
The selection process includes shortlisting and an interview (including task) conducted over Skype or similar.
How to apply
Please click the Apply Now button on this page, send your CV/Resume and a short (no more than 250 words) covering letter explaining what makes you the right fit for this opportunity.