Did you know?
- There are an estimated 400 million English language learners in China.
- There are an estimated 1 million English language teachers in China.
- China's English language learning market was worth an estimated US$12.3 billion in 2016.
- China’s online English language teaching market is the largest in the world, with an estimated size of US$2 billion in 2016 and annual growth exceeding 10 per cent.
- The UK supplies 1 in 5 of all English teachers at international schools globally – more than any other country.
- 1.5 billion people speak English worldwide – roughly one in every five. By 2020, this number is expected to reach 2 billion.