Opportunity for freelance work as an assistant supervisor (Non-IELTS)
The British Council is the United Kingdom’s international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations. Our purpose is to create international opportunities for people of the UK and other countries, and to build trust between them worldwide.
Distribution Exams Team of the British Council is recruiting freelance, hourly paid assistant supervisors to administer weekday exams.
Suitable candidates should have the following experience, qualifications and competencies:
- Chinese 2nd Generation ID Card holder
- Bachelor Degree or above
- Speak and read English fluently - English language level of CEFR B2 or equivalent (eg Cambridge English FCE, IELTS 6/5.5, CET-6 500)
- 1-2 years’ experience of working with the British Council examinations in China
- Strong sense of security and responsibility
- Good attention to detail
- Good customer care
- Good communication, planning and organisational skills
- Good team work and support others
- Familiar with computer software and operations (For computer-based exams)
Weekday Assistant Supervisor:
- Weekday examinations are held 4 times a year, in March, June, September and December, usually arranged for up to 5 working days during the 1st full completion week of the month.
- The invigilation fee ranges from RMB100 to RMB124 per hour before IIT (Individual Income Tax) depending on the role on test day plus flat-rate transportation fee for training and invigilation.
- Once you are selected into our assistant supervisor pool, you may receive our invitation before each session.
City: Beijing, Wuhan, Tianjin, Qingdao, Xi’an, Harbin, Shanghai, Suzhou, Nanjing, Hangzhou, Ningbo, Guangzhou, Changsha, Shenzhen
招聘城市：北京, 武汉 ,天津, 青岛, 西安, 哈尔滨, 上海, 苏州, 南京,杭州, 宁波 , 广州, 长沙, 深圳
*For more information about the responsibilities and requirements of Non-IELTS assistant supervisor, please refer to the Role Profile below.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; however we thank all applicants for your interest.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and diversity, and child protection. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria.
If you are interested in becoming an assistant supervisor, please fill in the online application form below according to your base city before the deadline.
* Please download the Role Profile, read it thoroughly and fill in the application form in English.
- Weekday assistant supervisor: Beijing, Wuhan, Tianjin, Qingdao, Xi’an, Harbin
- Please kindly send your completed application form to assigned mailbox: BJDist.TDP@britishcouncil.org.cn
- 工作日助理主考：北京, 武汉 ,天津, 青岛, 西安, 哈尔滨
- Weekday assistant supervisor: Shanghai, Suzhou, Nanjing, Hangzhou, Ningbo
- Please kindly send your completed application form to assigned mailbox: SHDist.TDP@britishcouncil.org.cn
- 工作日助理主考：上海, 苏州, 南京, 杭州, 宁波
- Weekday assistant supervisor: Guangzhou, Changsha, Shenzhen
- Please kindly send your completed application form to assigned mailbox: GZDist.TDP@britishcouncil.org.cn
- 工作日助理主考：广州, 长沙, 深圳