We are excited to announce that the call for proposals is now open for the 2nd British Council New Directions in English Language Assessment Conference in Latin America.
The 2nd New Directions conference in Latin America taking place at the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana in Bogotá, Colombia will focus on professional development in the area of English language assessment at all levels of the education system; the impact of planned, systemic, high-quality investment in development, the practicalities of implementing such programmes and the implications of not.
We invite proposals addressing the main and sub-themes of the conference and are particularly interested in those describing practical approaches, research case studies and innovative perspectives in language assessment in the Latin American context.
Date: Thursday 27 August to Saturday 29 August 2020
Venue: Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Bogotá D.C., Colombia
Main theme: Professionalising English assessment in learning systems: sharing practicalities and implications.
Keynote and plenary speakers include:
- Prof Barry O’Sullivan (British Council)
- Beverly Baker (University of Ottawa)
- Isabel Longres (University of Montevideo & Plan Ceibal)
- Fumiyo Nakatsuhara (University of Bedfordshire)
- Language assessment literacy
- Assessing productive skills
- Operationalising the ESP construct