The British Council is delighted to announce that applications are now open to join this 2022/23 cohort to undertake our Researcher Connect online training programme. Researcher Connect promotes the development of excellent communication skills for international, multicultural academic context.
Researcher Connect Online Programme
British Council is opening a call to join the Online researcher connect workshops for early career researchers. Researcher Connect online is offered as a series of topics, delivered through an online workshop format by experienced and quality-assured trainers. It is designed specifically for early career researchers, although certain aspects would also be of benefit to more experienced members of the research community.
These workshops are delivered by the British Council and will provide participants with the insights, understanding and tools to communicate effectively, whatever the situation or context.
Researcher Connect Online Aim:
- To enhance the productivity of individual researchers and, in turn, provide their universities and research institutions with a competitive advantage in the fast-moving international research environment.
- To build capacity for early career researchers (up to 5 years) and recent PhD graduates with inclusive participation based on gender, ethnicity, and geographical difference.
- To improve your communication and research skills and the quality of the research as a whole.
- To increase the number of (joint) international journals and to strengthen research collaboration through this series of online training workshops.
The Training provides participants with the insights, understanding, and tools to communicate effectively, whatever the situation or context. Its function is the Development of critical thinking and critiquing skills.
Researcher Connect Topics:
Each workshop begins with the introductory "Foundation" that builds awareness essential to all subsequent topics, each is designed to address the development needs of the participant researchers. Each topic speaks to an important aspect of the modern international research environment and has flexible content that allows our experienced trainers to adapt the course to the needs and experience of participants.
The below topics will be covered in each workshop:
- Academic Collaboration
- Academic Writing
- Digital Researcher
- Effective Emails
- Persuasive Proposals
- Presenting with impact
- Participants should be China early-career researchers (first applied first considered)
- Early-career researchers are defined as up to 5 years experienced researchers, and recent PhD graduates with inclusive participation based on gender, ethnicity and geographical difference.
- Each early-career researcher should have a IELTS level 6 or equivalent to fully participate in the sessions (spoken and written)
- Hasn’t studied these modules within the last 2 years
- Applicants must assure line manager approval for getting the training
- Participants must attend 100% of the workshop sessions, participants not attending the full days of the workshops virtually will result in the participants not receiving their certificate of attendance at the end of the workshop
The workshops Structure:
- will run over two weeks period for 4 days each week and 3 hours each day.
- Workshop hours will be between 3:00 pm to 6.00 pm.
- Will be delivered by 2 UK certified and professional trainers
- Should contain a maximum of 30 participants
- A certificate of completion will be sent to participants who attended 100% of the workshop sessions
The workshops Dates:
- Week 1: 6 February – 9 February 2023
- Week 2: 13 February – 16 February 2023
The Workshop Online Platform:
- The workshops will be delivered virtual through Zoom.
- All workshop sessions will be delivered in English
How to Apply:
Applicants should apply Electronically only within the call duration until 2 December 2022 at 23:59 China time, through filling in all the application form.
Any problems with the online submission system should be reported to the following email address: IES.China@britishcouncil.org.cn; Please note that once you submit your application, you will not be able to edit your application.
Application assessment and notification of results
Applications will be assessed against the eligibility criteria; The British Council will inform participants about the results via email 4 weeks prior to the selected workshop date. Applicants should ensure the eligibility criteria are met as appeals are not allowed for this call. The British Council reserves the rights to reject any ineligible applications.
Deadline of the Call:
- The submission deadline is 23:59 China time on 2 December 2022. Proposals submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- The deadline applies to all parts of your application.
- Appeals against this decision will not be accepted.
- For important dates, please refer to Key Dates below
|Announcement of the call||1 November 2022|
|Closing Date||2 December 2022, 23:59 China Time|
|Applications assessment||Week 5 December 2022|
|Successful candidates notified||Week 2 January 2023|
|Workshop delivery||6 – 16 February 2023|
Diversity: The British Council is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in all our activities. This includes avoidance of bias due to gender, disability, racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
Data protection: How we use your information
Your information will be used in connection with further communication on the activities related to the programme. The legal basis for processing your information is in agreement with our terms and conditions.
We receive and collect your personal information in response to your expression of interest in applying for this Researcher Connect programme.
Personal information collected will be passed to:
- British Council and selection body for the screening and selection process
- A cohort of researchers joining the programme together with you if you are selected.
- Trainers who will be leading in the delivery of the programme and working together with you, if you are selected
- Other cohorts of researchers from Researcher Connect programme, if you are selected.
Your consent to your personal information being shared with the British Council, selection board and the trainers and your email addresses being shared with the fellow participants (if selected) is necessary. Otherwise, you will not be able to participant in the Researcher Connect programme.
The personal information requested shall be kept with the British Council and the details of selected applicants will be passed to the trainers of this programme for design, delivery and the monitoring and evaluation of the programme.
We would like to use the information you provide to process this application and to send details of activities, services and events (including social events) which we think are of interest by email and newsletters. Based on filling application and consent to the privacy notice, we will process your personal information. You may unsubscribe at any time by contacting IES.China@britishcouncil.org.cn