Opportunity for freelance work as a supervisor (Non-IELTS)
The British Council is the United Kingdom’s international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations. Our purpose is to create international opportunities for people of the UK and other countries, and to build trust between them worldwide.
Distribution Exams Team of the British Council is recruiting freelance, hourly paid supervisors to administer weekday exams.
Suitable candidates should have the following experience, qualifications and competencies:
- Chinese passport holder
- Bachelor Degree or above
- Speak and read English fluently - English language level of CEFR B2 or equivalent (eg Cambridge English FCE, IELTS 6.5, CET-6 600)
- 2-3 years’ experience of working with the British Council examinations in China
- Strong sense of security and responsibility
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent customer care
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills
- Strong people management skill to lead a group of people
- Strong risk management skill
- Familiar with computer software and operations (For computer-based exams)
- Weekday examinations are held 4 times a year, in March, June, September and December, usually for 5 working days during the 1st or 2nd week of the month.
- The invigilation fee ranges from RMB124 to RMB172 per hour before IIT (Individual Income Tax) depending on the role on test day plus flat-rate transportation fee for training and invigilation.
- Once you are selected into our supervisor pool, you may receive our invitation before each session.
City: Beijing, Wuhan, Shanghai, Wuxi, Hefei, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Zhenjiang, Ningbo, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Zhuhai, Xiamen, Nanning, Haikou, Nanchang, Changsha
- Weekend examinations are held 2 times a year, in June and December, usually for the first weekend of June and December.
- The invigilation fee ranges from RMB 196 per hour before IIT (Individual Income Tax) depending on the role on test day plus flat-rate transportation fee for training and invigilation.
- Once you are selected into our assistant supervisor pool, you may receive our invitation before each session.
City: Beijing, Wuhan, Dalian
For more information, please check the Role Profile.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; however we thank all applicants for your interest.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and diversity, and child protection. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria.
If you are interested in becoming a supervisor, please fill in the online application form below according to your base city.
* Please download the Role Profile, read it thoroughly and fill in the application form in English.
North and Central China (City: Beijing, Dalian, Wuhan)
East China (City: Shanghai, Wuxi, Nanjing, Hangzhou, Ningbo, Hefei, Zhenjiang)
South China (City: Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Changsha, Zhuhai, Xiamen, Haikou, Nanchang, Nanning)