Find out how to register for other professional exams.
Other professional exams
Make an application
Please ensure that your application to sit an exam overseas is approved by your professional institution.
1. Contact us: Please contact us about your exam application at least two weeks prior to your desired exam date. Please note that our opening hours are 9.00-17.00, Monday to Friday. The British Council China will close on public holidays.
2. Create an account: Please register an account and the system will send you a verification email for account activation. You can only apply for an exam once your account has been activated.
3. Apply for an exam: Log in to your account and enter the 'Apply for an Exam' page. Enter your exam details.
4. Check exam details: You will receive a notification email if there is any change to your application status. You can check your exam details by clicking the 'Registration Record' tab.
5. Make payment: You may make an online payment once you have received the notification indicating your application status as "Waiting for Payment”.
6. Print the confirmation letter: The system will remind you to print the confirmation letter once payment it confirmed. You can check exam details in your confirmation letter.
Candidates who require special arrangements are advised to register at least one week before the registration deadline.
Test fees and terms of payment
Exams service charge
With effect from 1 April 2018
Test fee: RMB 1280 per exam paper
*Note: The fees above is VAT excluded,which includes venue hire,invigilation charges,secure storage of question papers and courier charges.
For all tests, test fees will be doubled if tests are arranged on public holidays in mainland China.
A supplement of RMB220 per exam (VAT excluded) will be charged for exams occurring on weekends and late working hours on weekday, precisely between 19:00-21:00 local Beijing time on weekdays.
Terms of payment
All the above fees can be paid by candidates in RMB through the British Council Exams Online System. All fees must be paid no later than five working days before the test date.
Refund and cancellation
- Candidates may cancel bookings five working days prior to the exam and receive a 50% of the local test fee refund. A written cancellation application is required.
- For cancellations within five working days prior to the examination or for absence, there will be no test fee refund.
- Sufficient evidence or explanation must be given at least five working days before test for cancellation. This evidence can be either in Chinese or English. Evidence can be a medical report or accident report etc, which should be issued by an authorised body. The report should include both the signature of the doctor/professional and stamp of the institution, and indicate that the situation stops the candidate from taking the exam on the scheduled date.
On the test day
- Candidates should report to the venue 15 minutes before the scheduled time of the exam.
- Candidates must bring the same National ID or passport used at registration.
- Candidates can take writing instruments into the exam room. No mobile phones, books, dictionaries or papers are allowed.
Statement of results
- Candidates should contact the university or professional institution to receive information on their exam results.