Please make sure your application to sit an exam overseas is approved by your university.
1. Contact us: Please contact us about your exam application at least two weeks prior to your desired exam date. Please note that our opening hours are 9.00-17.00, Monday to Friday. The British Council China will close on these public holidays.
2. Create an account: Please register an account and the system will send you a verification email for account activation. You can only apply for an exam once your account has been activated.
3. Apply for an exam: Log in to your account and enter the 'Apply for an Exam' page. Enter your exam details.
4. Check exam details: You will receive a notification email if there is any change to your application status. You can check your exam details by clicking the 'Registration Record' tab.
5. Make payment: You may make an online payment once you have received the notification indicating your application status as "Waiting for Payment”.
6. Print the confirmation letter: The system will remind you to print the confirmation letter once payment it confirmed. You can check exam details in your confirmation letter.
On the test day
- Candidates should report to the venue 15 minutes before the scheduled time of the exam.
- Candidates must bring the same National ID or passport used at registration.
- Candidates can take writing instruments into the exam room. No mobile phones, books, dictionaries or papers are allowed.
Statement of results
- Candidates should contact the university or professional institution to receive information on their exam results.
Candidates who require special arrangements are advised to register at least one week before the registration deadline.