University exam registration and other relevant information.
Please read carefully and submit the booking for university exams according to the "Booking Exam Registration Guidance" (see the attachment at the bottom of this page).
- Please submit your booking at least 3 weeks in advance, and for exams within the next 3 months. If your exam is expected to be after 3 months or more, please submit your booking later.
-Please ensure that you have applied to the university for taking the exam at the British Council Centre and have obtained the consent before submitting your booking. Please remind the university to send your examination arrangement to the British Council Centre.
Fees and terms of payment
With effect from 1 April 2023:
RMB 1420 per exam paper
Note: the test fees above are VAT excluded and includes venue hire, invigilation charges, secure storage of question papers and courier charges.
For all tests, test fees will be doubled if tests are arranged on public holidays (see attachment from "downloads" part of this page) in mainland China.
A supplement of RMB 220 per exam (VAT excluded) will be charged for exams occurring on weekends and late working hours on weekday, precisely between 19:00-21:00 local Beijing time on weekdays.
Terms of payment
All the above fees can be paid by candidates in RMB through the British Council Exams Online System. All fees must be paid no later than five working days before the test date.
Exam cancellation and absent for exam
- 50% of the local test service fee can be refunded if cancellation is requested at least five working days prior to the examination with sufficient evidence or explanation. Evidence should be issued by an authorised body. The refund will be processed within 30 days and returned to your original payment channel. No refund is provided if a cancellation request is received within five working days of the examination or if the candidate is absent from the examination. The refund of board fee is subject to exam board’s policy.
- Sufficient evidence or explanation must be given at least five working days before the test date if cancellation is required. This evidence can be either in Chinese or English. Evidence can be a medical report or accident report (or similar), which should be issued by an authorised body. The report should include both the signature of the doctor or professional and stamp of the institution, and indicate that the situation stops the candidate from taking the exam on the scheduled date.
Test day information
1.Candidates must bring the same and valid original identity document on the test day as the one recorded in your applications well as this Exam confirmation letter.
Following identity documents are acceptable for exams registration and sitting:
-Valid 2nd generation national Identification or Passport for Chinese nationals from mainland China
-Valid Identification, Passport or Hong Kong / Macau Residents' Residence Permit for Chinese nationals from Hong Kong and Macau
- Valid Mainland Travel Permit for Taiwan Residents of China or Taiwan Residents' Residence Permit for Chinese nationals from Taiwan
-Valid Passport for foreign nationals
Candidates may not be allowed to take the examination if they fail to present acceptable identity documents.
2.Candidates are required to arrive at the test venue at least 30 minutes in advance.
3.Candidates are required to bring their own writing stationery and materials permitted by the testing institution. Candidates can bring a bottle of transparent bottled water with labels removed into the examination room.
4.Candidates are not allowed to bring any electronic devices such as mobile phones and any watches into the exam room.
5.Candidates are not allowed to bring any test related materials such as test papers, answer sheets, draft papers, etc. out of the examination room.
6. Minor candidates (Under 18), please contact the invigilators on site when arrive at the test venue. If minor candidates choose to be picked up by parents/guardians after the examination, parents/guardians should bring their valid ID document to pick up the candidates in the designated area of the venue.
7. Before the exam, if there are any notifications or updates about the exam, we will contact you through the email or phone number you used during the registration. Please pay attention.
Candidates should contact the university or professional institution to receive information on their exam results.