About the programme
The Generation UK Leadership Development Programme (LDP) is a British Council initiative supported by the Department for Education (DfE).
The programme aims to equip Generation UK alumni with the skills, knowledge and China connections to continue developing as globally mobile and culturally agile young people who can succeed and compete in an international business environment.
The Generation UK LDP includes:
- a two-day residential ‘Leadership in Practice’ workshop in London
- self-guided online study to build Cultural Intelligence
- online masterclasses with senior industry leaders on working across cultures in Asia
- self-guided online reflection and assessments
- gain access to leaders across industry, government and not-for-profit with experience in China
- learn about leadership styles and how to build relationships across cultural boundaries
- develop cultural intelligence and learn how to inspire diverse groups
- undertake immersion visits to organisations with a presence in China and Asia to learn how they are fostering cross-cultural collaboration
- be awarded the Asia-capable Leader micro-credential, a globally recognised digital certification