Are you a higher education institution in the UK looking to promote the benefits of international experience to your students? Get involved in Generation UK - China.
- creates more opportunities for UK students to gain international experience by engaging with China – the world’s largest growing economy – through study and work placements
- supports UK institutions by creating opportunities for UK students to go abroad, and forming direct links with institutions and companies globally
- supports the UK government’s agenda by promoting outward student mobility to foster the UK’s competitiveness and develop a new generation of globally mobile, culturally agile young people who can succeed and compete in an increasingly international business environment
- builds trust, understanding and mutually rewarding relationships between organisations and individuals in the UK and China.
What is on offer for academic institutions in the UK?
Generation UK - China can benefit your institution by:
- promoting the benefits of gaining international higher education experience and skills abroad
- increasing the number of students from your institution undertaking international placements
- helping with the development of new partnerships with organisations in China
- supporting existing partnerships and placements with China
- developing bespoke programmes for your students to gain experience in emerging economies such as China.
What is on offer for young people in the UK?
We currently offer funding support for British students enrolled at UK universities (or recent graduates) to engage with China through the following programmes:
- Internships (two month placements across six cities in China)
- Academic scholarships (placements vary from 5-11 months across a range of locations)
We encourage young people to engage with China by:
- highlighting the benefits of gaining study or work experience in China
- offering advice and guidance to individuals interested in pursuing opportunities in China
- creating a wider network of British professionals and programme alumni to engage with China by sharing experiences through online dialogue and a series of events in the UK etc.
How to get involved
To find out more about how you can get involved, please contact us at email@example.com
For young people interested in gaining study or work experience in China, visit the China opportunities page on our Study Work Create website to find out more.
You can also sign up to our newsletter to find out more about the opportunities on offer and to stay updated on the latest news and events from the Generation UK - China team.