What is the Generation UK: China Network?
Launched in September 2015, the Generation UK: China Network aims to:
- create a vibrant network of UK nationals with experience in China from across different industries, professions and age groups
- provide a platform for UK nationals with experience in China to interact with one another to develop entrepreneurial, business and academic connections related to China
- extend and deepen the engagement of young British nationals with China once they have returned to the UK, strengthening the legacy of student exchange and the Generation UK - China campaign
- showcase the benefits that experience of China brings to an individual’s employability and skills development.
The network revolves around an interactive and events-focused LinkedIn group, for which we aim to have 20,000 members by 2020.
The benefits of joining this group include opportunities to:
- attend bi-annual high-profile networking events
- keep informed about developments in China and current job opportunities offered to us by partner companies such as BT, Huawei and other multinational corporations
- interact with successful Chinese business men and women and 20,000 other China-focused individuals, including our Leading Lights.
“I believe the Generation UK: China Network has a most active and key role to play, as China and the UK embark on a golden era in our relationship. It represents a valuable initiative to expand the people-to-people exchange between China and the UK.”
– Liu Xiaoming, Chinese Ambassador to the UK
“The Generation UK: China Network will be at the centre of a growing level of cooperation, friendship, and trust between the UK and China.”
– Martin Donnelly CMG, Permanent Secretary for the Department for Business, Innovation & Skills