Can I register for the Cambridge International exams at different test centres?
Within the same exam series, candidates are allowed to register for exams of different subjects at different centres, but not allowed to register for exams of the same subject at different centres. Please also note that if you register for exams at different centres within the same exam series, it may lead to problems like failure to rearrange timetable clash or to accurately carry forward results from this session. Thus, registering for all exams at one test centre is highly recommended.
What is “carry forward” for Cambridge International exam results?
Only results of Cambridge International AS Level exams can be carried forward. Candidates who have obtained an AS Level exam result may choose to carry it forward while registering for A2 (or A) Level exams so as to get a full A Level exam result.
Candidates can only choose to carry forward the AS Level exam results obtained in the previous two exam series*, if any. For example, while registering the A2 (or A) Level exams in Oct/Nov 2017 exam series, candidates can only carry forward the AS Level exam results obtained in May/June 2017 exam series or Oct/Nov 2016 exam series. Candidates will need to provide the accurate centre No. and candidate No. for the exam results they want to carry forward.
* According to the regulation of Cambridge International, AS Level marks can be carried forward to a full A Level twice within a 13 month period.
Exam Timetable Clash
With the same exam series, there may be different scenarios of exam timetable clash:
1) Candidates who register for the Cambridge International exams of multiple subjects should refer to the exams registration form and the final arrangement on our exams registration system to see if there is any timetable clash. If yes, please contact us for re-arrangement.
2) Candidates who register for exams of different exam boards at the same time, including Cambridge International, Pearson Edexcel, Oxford International AQA Examinations, and Cambridge Assessment Admissions Testing should check the individual registration forms and the final arrangement on our exams registration system to see if there is any timetable clash among these different exams. If yes, please contact us for re-arrangement.
3) For candidates who register for exams at different exam centres, if there is any timetable clash among exams held at different exam centres, we may not be able to make any rearrangement.
If any timetable clash has been identified and reported to us by candidates, the re-arrangement will be communicated to candidates via email, which should be regarded as final.
If there is any timetable clash between two exams, one of them will be rescheduled on the same date. Candidates sitting these two exams should be under full centre supervision while taking the break in between, during which candidates will not be allowed to use mobile phones and any other electronic devices or communicate with the other candidates or any other people except the invigilators.
Under 18 candidates safe collection
While registering under 18 candidates at our centre, the parents and guardians should:
1) Read carefully the Minor Safety Regulations on our exams registration system
2) Download and complete the relevant documents
3) Indicate how the candidate will leave the test venue after the exams, and upload relevant documents as required
4) On test day, parents, guardians and any other authorized persons must present to the invigilators the original copy of ID of which the scanned copy has been uploaded onto our exam registration system
* Please refer to the “Notes on Under 18 Candidates Safe Collection” for more detailed information.
How soon can I get the outcome of my enquiry about result?
Enquiries about Results will be dealt with in the order they are received by Cambridge International, who will communicate the outcome of an enquiry within 30 days of receiving it.