- Can I register for the Cambridge International exams at different test centres?
Within the same exam series, candidates are allowed to register for exams of different subjects at different centres, but not allowed to register for exams of the same subject at different centres. Please also note that if you register for exams at different centres within the same exam series, it may lead to problems such as failure to rearrange timetable clash or to accurately carry forward results from this session. Thus, registering for all exams at one test centre is highly recommended.
2. What is “carry forward” for Cambridge International exam results?
Only results of Cambridge International AS Level exams can be carried forward. Candidates who have obtained an AS Level exam result may choose to carry it forward while registering for A2 (or A) Level exams so as to get a full A Level exam result.
- General Rules on Carrying Forward Marks:
Candidates can only choose to carry forward the AS Level exam results obtained in the previous two exam series*, if any.
For example, while registering the A2 (or A) Level exams in Oct/Nov 2020 exam series, candidates can only carry forward the AS Level exam results obtained in Oct/Nov 2019 exam series or May/June 2020 exam series. Candidates will need to provide the accurate centre and candidate number for the exam results they wish to carry forward.
For candidates entered for the May/June 2020 series, irrespective of whether they were later withdrawn, please refer to Alternative Arrangement on Carrying Forward Marks below
* According to the regulation of Cambridge International, AS Level marks can be carried forward to a full A Level twice within a 13-month period.
- Alternative Arrangement on Carrying Forward Marks:
Please note, the alternative arrangement attached below only applies to the candidates:
1)who enter for the May/June 2020 series and receive a grade from the exam series, or
2)who were entered for the May/June 2020 series, irrespective of whether they were later withdrawn. .
If you belong to the categories mentioned above, please click here to download the Guidance on Carrying Forward Marks issued by Cambridge International and read it carefully.
3. Exam Timetable Clash
With the same exam series, there may be different scenarios of exam timetable clash:
- For timetable clash between multiple subjects of Cambridge International exams registered at our centre, we will make re-arrangement accordingly. Candidates should refer to the Confirmation Letter for the final timetable.
- If there is any timetable clash between two exams, one of them will be rescheduled for a different time on the same date. Candidates sitting these two exams will be under full centre supervision between exams, during which time they will not be permitted to use mobile phones nor any other electronic devices or communicate with the other candidates.
- We are unable to make any rearrangement for timetable clash between Cambridge International exams registered at our centre and other exams (e.g. Pearson Edexcel). Candidates should avoid any timetable clash before registering for exams.
4. How soon can I receive the outcome of my enquiry about result?
Cambridge International is working to set up the new process for issuing results for the June 2020 series. Regarding Results Enquiries application procedure, we will update you on this once we receive updates from Cambridge International.
Meanwhile, for the latest information and guidance, we recommend you visit Cambridge International websites: www.cambridgeinternational.org/