We organise school entrance examinations on behalf of Harrow School, Badminton School, Brighton College, Abingdon School and Bedford School, amongst others.
Other School Exams
- The British Council operated in four offices in China, Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Chongqing. The exam dates for school entrance exam vary from each office, please contact us to make an appointment.
Beijing Office: exams are only available on weekdays.
Shanghai Office: exam dates available in 2023: 05/12/17 Jan, 2/16 Feb, 22 Mar, 13 Apr, 18 May, 17/26 Jun, dates from July to Dec are to be confirmed
Guangzhou Office: exams are only available on weekdays.
Chongqing Office: exams are only available on weekdays.
- Candidates need to contact us two weeks to one month in advance to reserve the test date and time. We may not be able to arrange the test appointment within two weeks, and early appointment may lead to frequent changes in the test arrangement, which may affect the candidates' test.
- If you need to apply for special examination arrangement, please contact the school you applied for to obtain permission, and inform us by email at least one week before the examination.
Fees and terms of payment
Exam service fee:
With effect from 1 April 2022
Exam service fee: RMB 1250 per person every 2 hours.
*Note：The 2-hour duration will not include break time. An exam less than 2 hours will be charged as 2 full hours. The fee above is VAT excluded, which includes venue hire, invigilation charges, secure storage of question papers and courier charges.
For all tests, test fee will be doubled if tests are arranged on public holidays in Mainland China.
Terms of payment
All the above fees can be paid by candidates in RMB through the British Council Exams Online System. All fees must be paid no later than three working days before the test date.
Refund and cancellation
- Candidates may cancel bookings five working days before the exam and receive a refund of 50% of the local test fee. A written cancellation application is required.
- For cancellations made within five working days of the exam, or for absence, there will be no test fee refund.
- Sufficient evidence or explanation must be given at least five working days before the test date if cancellation is required. This evidence can be either in Chinese or English. Evidence can be a medical report or accident report (or similar), which should be issued by an authorised body. The report should include both the signature of the doctor or professional and stamp of the institution, and indicate that the situation stops the candidate from taking the exam on the scheduled date.
Entrance exams process
1. Examination Appointment: if you have completed the registration process with the school and obtained the qualification to take the entrance examination, we can provide you with the service of entrance examination for overseas primary and secondary schools. Please make an appointment with our offices first, please refer to the section "Exam dates" for details
2. Examination registration: After the exam date is confirmed, please go to the online registration system of our centre to complete the account creation and application for examination.
- Create an account: Please register for an account and the system will send you a verification email for its activation. (please check your inbox and spam / advertisement email at the same time). You can only apply for an exam once your account has been activated. If you do not receive the account activation email in time after registration, please refer to the help centre's relevant guidelines.
Please note: if you are registering on behalf of the candidate, please make sure to use the information of the candidate to register the account. If you need to apply for more than one candidate, please create an account for each candidate and submit one application for one school for one candidate.
- Apply for an exam: Log in to your account and enter the 'Apply for an Exam' page.
1) Test Centre: Please select the appropriate office
2) Exam Category: Please select ""
3) Product: Please select the school you want to apply for
4) Exam Month: Please select the corresponding exam month
5) Information collection:
Contact person of applied School: school contact person and contact email
Exam date: the date you want to sit the exam
Exam subjects: exam subjects
*We will contact the school to arrange the examination according to the information you filled in. After receiving the confirmation from the school, we will confirm your examination arrangement. Please ensure the accuracy of the information you provided.
3. Make payment: You may make an online payment once you have received the notification indicating your application status as "Waiting for Payment”.
4. Print the confirmation letter: The system will remind you to print the confirmation letter once payment it confirmed. You can check the details of your exams in your confirmation letter.
On the test day
- Candidates should report to the venue 15 minutes before the scheduled time of the exam.
- Candidates must bring the same National ID or passport used at registration.
- Candidates can take writing instruments into the exam room. No mobile phones, books, dictionaries or papers are allowed.
- Candidates should contact the school to receive information on their exam results.