Pearson Edexcel is the UK’s largest awarding body offering academic and vocational qualifications in schools, colleges and work places in the UK and abroad. The British Council in China is authorised to run GCE AS and A levels, International GCSEs (Edexcel Certificate for UK state schools) and International Advanced Level (IAL) examinations. For more information visit the Edexcel official website.
The registration for the Pearson Edexcel January 2019 session is open from 8 October 2018
- Standard registration deadline: 17 October 2018, 17:00 China Local Time
- 1st stage late registration date: 18 October 2018-13 November 2018, 17:00 China Local Time
- 2nd stage late registration date:14 November 2018- 27 November 2018, 17:00 China Local Time
Exam period: January 2019
Fees and terms of payment
Exam service fee, please refer to the application forms
Tests arranged on public holidays are subject to the availability of local resources. The test fees will be doubled if tests are arranged on public holidays in Mainland China.
Post-test service fee:
- Certification of result statement: RMB 240 per application
- Coursework/assignment submission: RMB 240 per application
- Enquiry on result: RMB 240 per unit, plus the board fee if applicable
- Late cash-in: RMB 160 per application
*Note: All the fees above are VAT excluded.
Terms of payment
All the above fees can be paid by candidates in RMB through the British Council Online System. All fees must be paid no later than five working days before the respective registration deadline.
Refund and cancellation
- Candidates may cancel bookings prior to 17:00, 27 September 2018 and receive a refund of RMB150 for the cancelled unit. A written cancellation application is required.
- For cancellations after 17:00, 27 September 2018, or if the candidate is absent, there will be no test fee refund.
- Sufficient evidence or explanation must be given if cancellation is required before the refund deadline. This evidence can be either in Chinese or English. Evidence can be a medical report or accident report (or similar), which should be issued by an authorised body. The report should include both the signature of the doctor or professional and stamp of the institution, and indicate that the situation stops the candidate from taking the exam on the scheduled date
Pearson Edexcel exams process
1. Contact us: Please contact us about your exam application at least two weeks before your desired exam date. Please note that our opening hours are 9.00-17.00, Monday to Friday. The British Council China will close on these public holidays.
2. Create an account: Please register for an account and the system will send you a verification email for its activation. You can only apply for an exam once your account has been activated.
3. Apply for an exam: Log in to your account and enter the 'Apply for an Exam' page in order to enter your exam details.
4. Check exam details: You will receive a notification email if there is any change to your application status. You can check your exam details by clicking the 'Registration Record' tab.
5. Make payment: You may make an online payment once you have received the notification indicating your application status as "Waiting for Payment”.
6. Print the confirmation letter: The system will remind you to print the confirmation letter once payment it confirmed. You can check the details of your exams in your confirmation letter.
Statement of entry
- A Statement of entry, exam timetable and other relevant documents will be posted to the candidate two to three weeks before the exam
- Contact us if you have not received the statement of entry before the exam.
On the test day
- Candidates should report to the venue 15 minutes before the scheduled time of the exam.
- Candidates must bring the same National ID or passport used at registration.
- Candidates can take writing instruments into the exam room. No mobile phones, books, dictionaries or papers are allowed.
Statement of results
- Candidates should contact the school to receive information on their exam results.
Statement of results
- International GCSE results are available in August for May/June exams and in March for January exams.
- GCE AS and A Level results are available in August for May/June exams.
- International Advanced Level (IAL) results are available in August for May/June exams and in March for January exams.
Exam results will be delivered to candidates via email.
Certificates are issued to candidates in the middle of October for May/June exams and in the middle of May for January exams. Candidates will be notified by email when their certificates are ready for collection.
Under 18 candidates safe collection
While registering under 18 candidates at our centre, the parents and guardians should:
1) Read carefully the Minor Safety Regulations on our exams registration system
2) Download and complete the relevant documents
3) Indicate how the candidate will leave the test venue after the exams, and upload relevant documents as required
4) On test day, parents, guardians and any other authorized persons must present to the invigilators the original copy of ID of which the scanned copy has been uploaded onto our exam registration system
* Please refer to the “Notes on Under 18 Candidates Safe Collection” for more detailed information.