“We have numerous overseas financial products and provide high quality financial services. Our cooperation with the British Council enables us to find and focus on a segment of customers who will benefit from our products. It is a perfect match!”
- Zhang Jianing, Director, Retail Banking Department, China Everbright Bank
China Everbright Bank (CEB) has been a sponsor of British Council’s Education UK programme since 2005, an initiative that promotes the UK as one of the world’s top overseas study destinations.
This relationship has brought CEB a host of value added benefits:
- Increase in brand equity and reputation in China through association with the trusted brands of British Council and Education UK via exhibitions and publications
- Launch of the CEB overseas financial products and services aimed at Chinese students wishing to study in the UK
- Support of CEB staff development on UK education knowledge via training sessions by British Council staff
- Growing new customer acquisitions and sales channels via pre-departure briefings and Education Agent workshops
- Exploring new ways of engaging with premium banking customers such as joint presentations at CEB branches.
As a result, CEB has increased the number of branches in China that provide overseas financial services from 23 in 2005 to 288 in 2015.